REAL ESTATE NEEDED
Lease or rental of facilities
531 -- Real Estate/531190 -- Lessors of Other Real Estate Property
U.S Department of Commerce Seeks Expressions of Interest
for Antenna and Transmitter Space
The Government reserves the right to inspect and eliminate from consideration any or all expressions of interest; further, the Government may give consideration to properties other than those offered in response to this notice.
For broadcasting purposes, the tower and transmitter space must be physically located within Hinds County, Mississippi, no more than 8.0 miles of the following World Geodetic System, 1984 (WGS84) location (plus, see attached Antenna Coverage requirements):
The Government is considering a minimum term of 10 years to a maximum term of 20 years with termination rights.
• Antenna height is required at a minimum 552 feet above mean sea level (AMSL) +/- 25 feet with 5 feet of clearance above and below the NWS-installed antenna to achieve clear aperture and to prevent interference with its broadcast signals.
• The tower shall be of sound and substantial construction capable of supporting an antenna equivalent to a SWR 8-bay stacked dipole array antenna [approximately 44' tall & 98 lbs.]
• Frequency to be used is between 162.400 and 162.550 MHz.
• Wattage output of 1000 watts.
• Adjacent climate controlled transmitter shelter (max 85°F/min 40°F with available floor space of 6' x 6' for installation of an Armstrong 1000 Watts Dual.
• Primary power needed is 240 VAC with surge suppressor.
• Emergency back-up power
• Access to telephone lines at the transmitter site.
• Transmission lines type Heliax with a diameter of 7/8 inches
• Road access to Tower and Shelter.
• The Lessor shall provide as part of the rental consideration, 24/7 access along with the necessary and appropriate level of security to the property that ensures the safety of the Governments equipment.
Interested parties must formally submit their response by mail to Mr. Dan Galan, Realty Specialist, NOAA Real Property Management Division, 601 East 12th Street, Room S1705, Kansas City, Missouri 64106, or electronic mail at email@example.com no later than 8/27/2014.
Expressions must include the following information:
• Tower and shelter street address in addition to its latitude and longitude
• Structural/technical information regarding the shelter and tower facility
• FAA study information and/or FCC registration information
• Age and market value of structure
• Ownership information
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Advertisement and Tower Coverage
Type: Other (Draft RFPs/RFIs, Responses to Questions, etc..)
Posted Date: August 6, 2014
Tower_Advertisement_[FEDBIZOPPS]_for_Jackson,_MS_8-6... (220.19 Kb)
Description: Advertisement and Tower Coverage
Contracting Office Address:
601 East 12th Street, Room 1756
Kansas City, Missouri 64106
Place of Performance:
Jackson, Mississippi 39209
Primary Point of Contact.:
Fax: (757) 664-3588