TRANSPORTATION SERVICES NEEDED
Transportation, travel, & relocation services
485 -- Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation/485999 -- All Other Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation
Sources Sought Notice: Shuttle Transportation Services for
The Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center
DESCRIPTION: This is a sources sought to determine the availability of potential sources having the skills and capabilities necessary to provide the SPECIFIED REQUIREMENT. All interested vendors are invited to provide information to contribute to this market survey/sources sought including commercial market information. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION ANNOUNCEMENT. This is a sources sought synopsis only. Questions should be submitted by email to Ronnette.Coffman@va.gov. Provide only the requested information below. The purpose of this synopsis is to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classifications (Service Disabled/Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB/VOSB), Hub zone, 8(a), small, small disadvantaged, woman owned small business, FSS/GSA contract schedule holders, or large business) relative to NAICS 485999, All Other Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation (size standard $14 Million). While any future solicitation issued to satisfy the specified requirement is expected to be a Small Business Set Aside, responses to this Sources Sought will be accepted from vendors of all business sizes. Responses to this synopsis will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this sources sought synopsis, a solicitation announcement may be published on the FBO website. Responses to this sources sought synopsis are not considered adequate responses to the solicitation announcement. All interested offerors will have to respond to the solicitation announcement in addition to responding to this sources sought announcement.
SPECIFIED REQUIREMENT: Network Contracting Office 7, Charleston, SC is seeking sources for a potential contractor to perform the following type of service as described in these excerpts from the Statement of Work:
1. Title of Project: Shuttle Transportation Service for the Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center in Charleston, SC.
2. Purpose of the Project: The purpose of this contract is to provide Shuttle Transportation Services for patients and employees of the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center (RHJVAMC) between the two locations below. All transportation will start and/or end at these locations.
Location Address Distance Apart
Corner lot - Albemarle Road and Folly Road 41 Folly Road
Charleston, SC 29407 Approximately 1.3 miles
Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center 109 Bee Street
Charleston, SC 29401 Approximately 1.3 miles
3. Background: This is a requirement for a new service. Employees of the RHJVAMC have access to an employee only parking lot behind the Medical Center. A new parking structure with increased parking capacity is scheduled to begin construction soon, and approximately 80% of parking availability will be lost during construction for a period of up to three years. The RHJVAMC is leasing a parking lot for its employees approximately 1 mile away and will need to provide transportation between the Medical Center and the parking lot for the hours of 6 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding Federal Holidays). Employees working outside these hours will still be able to park at the Medical Center and will not require transportation.
4. Scope and Methodology: The contractor shall provide all resources necessary to accomplish the deliverables described in this statement of work (SOW), except as may otherwise be specified.
The Contractor shall provide all air conditioned shuttle vehicles capable of carrying, personnel, equipment, and supplies. The Contractor will provide reports to the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) as set forth under and in accordance with all terms, conditions, clauses and provisions in the solicitation.
Contractor shall provide enough vehicles to handle peak usage times and shall have at least one shuttle vehicle available and operational at all times. Contractor shuttle transportation will operate on a 15 minute schedule during the most highly utilized times (6:00am-9:30am and 1:30pm-6:00pm) for all locations. During less utilized times (9:30 am-1:30 pm), the shuttle will operate on a 30 minute schedule.
4.1. NUMBER OF PASSENGERS:
The Contractor must ensure that pick-ups and drop-offs are accomplished every 15 minutes between the medical center and designated stops during the most highly utilized times (6:00am-9:30am and 1:30pm-6:00pm) and every 30 minutes during less utilized times (9:30am-1:30pm). The off-site parking destinations contain 400 + parking spaces. The number of persons riding the shuttles throughout the day will vary. The highest concentrations will occur during these times:
1. Approximately 1150 passengers requiring transportation between the hours
of 6:00 AM through 8:00 AM
2. Approximately 1117 passengers requiring transportation between the hours
of 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM.
4.2 RESPONSE TIME:
1. Contractor is required to provide shuttle services every (15) minutes between pick-up points during previously stated most highly utilized times and every 30 minutes during previously stated less utilized times. If the contractor fails to provide transportation within the above prescribed time period, the VA reserves the right to obtain the services from another source and shall charge the Contractor with any resulting excess costs. The VA will be the sole judge in determining when to request services from another source.
2. The Contractor is required to provide shuttle services at the designated time period referenced above. If the Service Provider is aware of any delay in meeting a scheduled pick-up time, the COR shall be notified of the delay the reason for the delay and the estimated time of arrival.
3. Contractor will provide written documentation with explanation when contract services are unavailable with signature of responsible parties. VA will issue Bill of Collections for any costs obtained from another source. Failure to pay as charged within timeframes specified in the Bill of Collections may result in deduction of costs from the next month's invoice.
The VA will be the sole judge, in determining when to request service from another source. When all contract shuttles are in use and the VA requires additional vehicles, the Contractor will be contacted first and has the option to provide additional shuttle vehicles at the contract price. Appropriate transportation to meet demand will be dispatched within one-half hour from the scheduled pick-up time arranged by the VA Medical Center Charleston. In the event that an employee is not picked-up as described in this solicitation, the VA Medical Center Charleston will be allowed a late credit equal to the rate charged by Contractor in A.10-4.
4.3 WAITING TIME:
1. Contractor shall be on time for its scheduled pick-ups. VA employees shall be picked up every 15 minutes between 41 Folly Road Charleston, SC 29407 and 109 Bee Street
Charleston, SC 29401.
2. In no instance is an employee to wait beyond (30) minutes after scheduled pick-up time.
4.9 PROVISION OF SERVICES:
1. The Contractor shall be required to maintain 95% on-time performance on a daily basis. Trips will be considered "on-time" as long as they arrive at the destination on or before the scheduled arrival time.
2. Drivers shall wear appropriate attire with a picture identification badge that clearly identifies the company they work for and the contract employee's name.
3. Drivers will be required to assist employees or patients on or off the shuttle/bus as necessary.
4. Driver shall ensure the employees or patients are seated prior to transportation actually beginning from a location.
5. Contractor shall immediately notify the COR of any vehicle breakdowns or other problems that can result in service disruption.
6. Contractor's performance shall be in conformance with the contract and all applicable Federal, state, and local laws to include Department of Transportation, 49 CFR, Parts 27, 37, 38, 571 and VA Standards. All regulations of the State Public Service Commission (PSC) (of where the Contractor's facility is located) governing the control, operation of and licensing of the transportation contractor are incorporated herein by reference. All records submitted to and/or compiled by the Contractor regarding vehicle inspections, safety, maintenance records, and manifests, etc. may be reviewed prior to awarding a contract and periodically throughout the terra of contract.
7. All drivers must successfully complete a background investigation.
4.13 VEHICLE SPECIFICATION:
All shuttle vehicles under the terms and conditions of this contract shall be licensed and meet the minimum vehicle requirements as mandated by the Department of Transportation in the State of which the vehicle is operated (SC).
All shuttles must have the following:
1. Contractor shall provide a list of all shuttles utilized on this contract to the COR. The list shall include shuttle vehicle identification numbers and insurance certificates prior to providing service.
2. Contractor shall submit vehicle list to the COR by the fourth day of every month.
3. The shuttle vehicles under the terms and conditions of this contract shall be licensed and meet the minimum vehicle requirements as mandated by the Department of Transportation in the State which the vehicle is based (SC).
4. Vehicles shall have a functioning speedometer which indicates speed in miles per hour (MPH) and a functioning odometer which indicates distance correctly in tenths of a mile.
5. Vehicles shall be equipped with operational heating and air conditioning systems. Contractor shall not operate a shuttle for beneficiary pick-up if the AC system is inoperable and the temperature is forecasted to exceed 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Shuttles shall not be used for transportation service until AC system or heating has been repaired. Shuttle vehicles shall not have grime, oil or other substances, cracks, breaks, dents, and damaged point that noticeably detracts from the overall appearance of the shuttle vehicle.
6. Shuttles shall have all body molding in place, or if removed, holes shall he filled and painted.
7. Shuttles shall have passenger compartments that are clean and empty.
8. Shuttles shall not have torn upholstery or floor coverings, damaged or broken seats, sharp objects or edges that are protruding, or insects and vermin.
9. Shuttles shall have windows and doors, which can be opened and closed in accordance with manufacturer standards.
10. Shuttles or buses shall meet all safety and mechanical standards established Federal, State and local statutes and regulations.
11. Shuttles shall have flares and reflective emergency cones or similar devices in the event of a breakdown.
12. Shuttles shall not have advertising displayed on them with the exception of the company information.
13. Shuttles or buses must have pull out or automatic steps that are attached to the vehicle. If not automatic the driver must pull out and replace before leaving at each drop off station. Each vehicle is required to have on hand a step-stool in case the automatic steps become inoperative. The driver must place these steps at each stop prior to pick up or discharge of passengers
2.1. REPORTING (PICK-UP. DELIVERY, DEPARTURE):
1. All drivers will be required to report to the COR any time a pick-up, delivery, or departure is delayed.
2. All records submitted to and/or complied by the Contractor regarding vehicle inspections, safety, maintenance records, or other reports may be reviewed prior to contract award and shall be made available for the COR and the CO periodically throughout the term of the contract.
3. Drivers will maintain a daily log of all stops to include the following information:
2. Time of departure and arrival at the next stop.
3. Number of passengers picked up.
4. Number of passengers, if any, which were not able to be picked up due to vehicle
A contract with one base year and two (2) option years is anticipated.
REQUESTED INFORMATION: (1) STATEMENT OF CABABILITY: Submit a brief description, five (10) pages or less, that demonstrates how your company has the supervision, facilities, labor and experience to perform the scheduled and unscheduled repairs and preventative maintenance of the equipment described above. Include past experience in performing these services to the VA, other Government (Federal or State) agency, or for a private facility. Please specify your availability to start date and your address. (2) BUSINESS SIZE AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS: (a) Indicate whether your business is large or small (b) If small, indicate if your firm qualifies as a small, emerging business, or small disadvantaged business (c) If disadvantaged, specify under which disadvantaged group and if your firm is certified under Section 8(a) of the Small Business Act (d) Indicate if your firm is a certified Hub-zone firm (e) Indicate if your firm is a woman-owned or operated business (f) Indicate if your firm is a certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) or Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) (g) Include the DUNS number of your firm. (h) State whether your firm is registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) at https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/ and/or the VetBiz Registry at http://vip.vetbiz.gov/. If not, please (i) NOTE that any future solicitation could only be awarded to a contractor who is registered in SAM and to receive award based on VOSB or SDVOSB status you must be registered in the VetBiz Registry (j) Indicate if your firm is a FSS/GSA Schedule Holder with a schedule for this type of service. If so, please provide the contract number and expiration date.
Responses must be emailed to Ronnette.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 pm EDT, Friday, July 18, 2014. Your response should include both the STATEMENT OF CABABILITY and BUSINESS SIZE AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS information as explained above. Please place "Attention: Shuttle Transportation Service" in the subject line of your email. This notice is to assist the VA in determining sources only. A SOLICITATION IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. If a solicitation is issued it will be announced at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the responses to this announcement.
Please consult the list of document viewers if you cannot open a file.
Type: Other (Draft RFPs/RFIs, Responses to Questions, etc..)
Posted Date: July 9, 2014
Description: VA247-14-I-1067 VA247-14-I-1067.docx
Contracting Office Address:
Department of Veterans Affairs;Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center;109 Bee Street;Charleston SC 29403-5799
Point of Contact(s):