RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES NEEDED
623 -- Nursing and Residential Care Facilities/623990 -- Other Residential Care Facilities
This announcement is posted as a Request for Information (RFI) only for an intended upcoming solicitation that will be posted on the Federal Business Opportunities (FBO) website. This RFI is being issued to determine whether or not there are qualified sources that will be able to meet the requirements of this intended upcoming solicitation. This upcoming solicitation will be for both Residential Reentry Center (RRC) services and Home Confinement Services located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area, within Hamilton County for male and female offenders held under the authority of various United States statutes.
The requirement for RRC services will be for approximately 43 beds per day (37 male and 6 female) for a five - year period. The requirement for Home Confinement Services is approximately 15 placements per day for the same period.
The questions below pertain to the services that will be sought under the intended upcoming solicitation. If you have an interest in the upcoming solicitation, please provide a written response to all questions below (for both RRC services and Home Confinement services) and send your response to Kevin Hoff, Contract Specialist, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are advised that providing responses to these questions will not automatically include you in the acquisition process for this solicitation.
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
1. Are you familiar with and does your company qualify for any of the programs identified under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 19? If yes, please explain. For example, what is the size (small, large, non-profit, etc.) and status (8a, veteran-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned, HUBZone, Small Disadvantaged Business, woman-owned, etc.) of your organization?
2. What experience do you have in providing residential reentry services?
3. Are there any other residential reentry center facilities in the area?
4. Are there any state or local ordinances/restrictions that would prohibit or that would considerably slow down the procurement process for RRC services (i.e., building permits or leasing/rental agreements)?
5. Are there any known local area concerns in relation to providing RRC services? Do you think the area would be supportive of a BOP RRC program? Are there any known groups or organizations that would oppose the operation of a residential (halfway) house in this area?
6. Are there environmental issues/concerns in the area that would impact the operation of an RRC?
7. Are there HUBZone locations in the area?
8. Do you feel that it would be difficult to find a suitable location for an RRC in this area? If so, explain in detail why it would be difficult and provide supporting documentation.
9. What percentage of the work would you do with your firm's employees and what percentage of the work would you subcontract in providing RRC services? If subcontracting opportunities are available, do you anticipate any difficulties in subcontracting with 8(a), small business, veteran-owned small business, service-disabled, or women-owned small business concerns?
10. Are there any zoning issues that prohibit or would slow down the procurement process for RRC services?
11. Is local or public transportation available in this area? If not, is there an alternative method of transportation for inmates to get to and from work or get to and from their programming appointments?
12. Is the location conducive of the BOP RRC requirement for inmates to find jobs within twenty-one (21) days of placement?
13. Are there innovations in providing RRC services that the BOP could benefit from and if so what are they?
14. Are there unique laws or regulations applicable to RRC services?
Home Confinement Services:
1. Are you currently providing home confinement services to a correctional entity? In what capacity?
2. What experience do you have in providing home confinement services for offenders housed in the community (at federal, state, or local levels)?
3. Are there any providers offering home confinement monitoring for offenders in your geographic area?
4. Are you aware of any state of local ordinances/restrictions that would prohibit or that would considerably slow down the procurement process for home confinement services for this requirement?
5. Do you have experience with the conditions of home confinement which includes the following monitoring methods: telephone, in-house person contacts; or electronic monitoring, to include GPS monitoring equipment?
6. Are you familiar with the various types of electronic monitoring modalities (including GPS monitoring devices) and do you have experience in their use and operational standards?
7. Are there any unique laws or regulations applicable to home confinement services in the area identified for this requirement? If so, what are they?
8. What percentage of the work would you perform with your firm's employees, and what percentage would you be interested in subcontracting, in providing home confinement services? If subcontracting opportunities are available, do you anticipate any difficulties or complications in relation to the provision of these services? (If applicable)
Contracting Office Address:
320 First Street, NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20534
Place of Performance:
Primary Point of Contact.:
Kevin J. Hoff
Phone: (215) 521-7355