Personal Protective Equipment Law Enforcement Gloves
Apparel Manufacturing/315990 -- Apparel Accessories and Other Apparel Manufacturing
Purpose: The Bureau is seeking sources who can provide personal protective equipment (PPE) law enforcement gloves that meets the following performance requirements:
1. ANSI/ISEA 105 standard:
a. Puncture resistance- test probe shall be a 28-gauge hypodermic needle, and the maximum force to puncture shall be > 0.75 lbf.
b. Cut resistance- Weight (gram) needed to cut through test method shall be >1500 level rating 4
2. Please address the following standards below:
a. Mechanical protection, including resistance to cut, puncture, needle stick, and tear.
b. Resistance to chemicals that could degrade the gloves, glove components, or stitching, etc.), such as riot control devices, bleach, or other or cleaning solutions.
c. Resistance to flame to protect against devices deployed by an officer wearing the glove, such as pyrotechnic devices and distraction devices.
d. Durability, including resistance to abrasion, to ensure protective qualities are maintained.
e. Dexterity to allow weapon manipulation (to include trigger press, malfunctions, reloading, etc.), the ability to detect small objects, and the ability to pick up small objects.
3. Identify types of material:
a. Palm material: Cotton/Polyester /PU/Leather/Synthetic Leather/Cowhide Leather/ grip Skin/Super Fabric
b. Back material: Neoprene/Spandex/Cowhide Leather/Spandura
c. Lining: C70 Thinsulate/Kevlar/Spectra/Unline
d. Color Requirements: Black/ Stealth
e. Cuff: Super Cuff/ Shirred/Hook and loop strap
f. Sizes: XS,S,M,L,XL,2XL
g. Length: 7", 8", 9", 10"
4. Conformity Assessment requirements are identified below:
• If certified products are available, the supplier shall provide documentation or other evidence that the product is listed by a Certification Body accredited to International Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC) 17065.
• If certified products are not available, the supplier shall provide the following:
a. A Supplier's Declaration of Conformity conforming to ISO/IEC 17050-1.
b. Supporting documentation conforming to ISO/IEC 17050-2, including identification of the applicable standards and a test report based on testing to the standards.
5. Ability to provide PPE law enforcement gloves at 122 institutions to approximately 38,500 staff.
6. PPE law enforcement gloves that are US made end product.
Primary Point of Contact.:
Secondary Point of Contact:
Michael G. Bodine,